Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Update on 40 bag challenge

    I was going to keep to my day count but I lost track of what days were done when.  I got sick so I had to put things on hold for a little bit to let my body heal.  So anyway....... I have 16 tasks done and 23 1/2 bags of stuff pulled out!!! YAY!  I also have 2 rooms in my house finished, my living room and kitchen.  The living room was simple once I got the momentum going.  It just seemed really intimidating, it's not huge but it is larger than some of the other rooms in my house. I even rearranged the living room while I was at it, and cleaned under the furniture :S  With kids that is always an interesting task, you just never know what they are going to stuff in the couch cushions.  Hopefully we can get the one wall we put up in the living room finished so I can paint before winter hits. 
         We have slowly been remodeling or redecorating rooms in our house.  We don't have a particular order, we mostly go by what ever room I come up with an idea for first.   My kitchen was the first room I redecorated.  We started with the new laminate floors, next time I will not start with flooring instead I will start with the paint.  I actually didn't think I was going to repaint the kitchen but as we got to working on it I changed my mind.  Now all I have to do in it is make curtains and we want to build another cabinet for the microwave and some of our other small appliances.
     The kids' play room got a make-over next, mostly because it was a simple one.  I wanted a brighter color in it so it would be easier for the kids to see while playing, and we needed more storage space.  The walls went from a dark red color to a light peach, and my husband built a wonderful shelf system that the kids can store books and toy in. 
      I want to get the living room finished next, but I think I am going to get my bathroom done.  It won't take as much time to finish it mostly just needs a fresh coat of paint and the cabinets moved.  I made curtains for the lonely window in it last summer, and we also put new flooring in it not to long ago.  Words of caution when redoing a bathroom..... Don't put carpet in your bathroom especially if you have small children.  My boys missed the toilet a few times, and all of my kids have splashed in the tub before.  Needless to say when it gets hot and muggy the carpet can really start to stink, and no matter what I used to clean it, it didn't get all of the smell out.  So when we decided to redo the floors sin the bathroom we went with 1'x1' laminate tiles with sticky backs so all we had to do was peel and stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment